Families shape who we are and what we will become – it is where we create our list of “normals.” Think about it: how we talk, connect with others, create habits, establish customs and rituals, and learn to view and experience the world around us starts with our families.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- In-law conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- The unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Developing and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Fostering a sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promoting problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Building empathy and understanding.
- Reducing family conflict
If you’re interested in learning about how I can help, contact me today for a free consultation.